We where once porcelain plates, broken by the world and its words, rejected and unwanted but God picked up the pieces and made a beautiful astounding mosaic...He WILL put YOU back together again

Monday 27 June 2011

Day 38                                                                                                                        June 27

Identity, Authority and Provision

Do you know your identity in Christ or are you waiting for a husband to complete you so that you will be perfect? Do you stand in your authority as an heir and understand and believe that Yahweh wants the absolute best for you. Are you waiting for a husband to provide for you?

I want more than just a bread winner. I want a friend and companion. Someone that I can laugh with, share my fears and my joys all the rest of my days. If you are only focussed on looking for a man to fulfil your identity, authority and provide for you,  you will be disappointed because people lose their jobs, the strongest empires fall, celebrities become has-beens and nobody can give you an identity other that Christ Jesus. Ask the Lord to provide for you, ask Him to make it real, your identity in Him and make you understand your authority in Him rather than wanting people to do it, people will disappoint.

We all need these three things in our lives so I am not saying you are not allowed to want it, what I am saying is, how do you use and get to your authority, provision and identity. Do you have thoughts like: If only I had a man in my life to help me with all this, or if only I had an amazing job to cover everything. I do not want to be a millionaire; I just want to be able to pay what I need to and buy a pizza or two. Maybe you think you are actually okay you do not need a man because you can look after yourself.

My journey: May 2008 I lost my very successful business that existed for 7 years at the time. It was an area that I did not allow the Lord in because I was so good at what I did. I turned over a quarter of a million rand a month and I was independent, not reliant on a man to provide for me because that meant submitting to him, right, wrong, the Lord needed to get in because if I could not submit to a husband how in the world would I have been able to submit to my Father, totally rely on Him for everything, not just the stuff I am NOT capable of doing but in every area of my life, so the story unfolded and I hit recession, my business closed within two months and it became a struggle for 33 months of total reliance on the Lord every month. My identity, authority and provision were getting rebuilt into Christ.

I only build the company for an image, that said I am in independent, if I need money, I will provide for myself, an image that showed that I can make it without anyone. I showed everyone that I can be a success and I had authority and provision that made me felt superior. God could not help me or tell me what to do. You do not need to be unsaved to experience areas in your life that is hidden from God.  

We are children of God, nobody said we have to be poor, we cannot have slavery mentality but we need to have victory mentality and all areas of your life so that we can stand in the authority and identity and then provision will come, sometimes spiritually, sometimes with money. But knowing form experience, if God does not necessary make you the best sales person on the floor sometimes he wants you to just trust Him to the end because no matter what happens, if you do your share so will the Lord and He will not allow anything to happen to you because He loves you. He is right there to catch you.

Some of us look for that identity in our jobs or who we married to, or maybe you expect to meet someone that would provide for you. Our Father is the only one that can stand in those shoes, no human even me is able to have a fool proof recipe of making a success without the Lord. We need to understand our authority is only in Christ, our provision only comes from Christ and our Identity is in Christ. It is not who you knew, it is not what you did; it is how you live from a day to day basis. No man in your life can give you what God can, they are human too and can only do as much as God allows them to do, so place your trust in the Lord first then he will provide you with a man that would work with you rather than  him working for you.

No comments: