We where once porcelain plates, broken by the world and its words, rejected and unwanted but God picked up the pieces and made a beautiful astounding mosaic...He WILL put YOU back together again

Thursday 9 June 2011

Day – 19
8 June

Do you have a grudge?

We all have to deal with people every day that hurts us; maybe it is a few from the past, old boyfriends that ill-treated you? Maybe it is a family member.

Forgiving is part of the healing process of letting go of the past. You know I get this picture in my mind of playing tug of war with that person. How long have you been in the game? I do not know about you but just thinking about it makes me tired. Letting go will leave you standing hahaha, so the best way of dealing with the past is to JUST LET GO!!

We have a past, I would have loved to have been exempt from this or have a bad case of amnesia but the past is what makes me who I am today. We love to be “past” people. We should be “future” people. Do not walk backwards, turn around leave the past behind and look forward, where you can see clearly where you going. Do not listen to the judgemental comments that “past” people throw at you. Just make sure you are facing forward.

However broken your past may be, God is holding you and working a purpose through you. It is not always obvious but it is to Him. However ashamed I may feel of what has gone before, however weak, however precarious your present circumstances, believe that God has still some future plan for you. He still holds you because he still loves you. Often it is precisely to broken people that he has come and through them worked mighty deeds and wonderful works. Maria Magdalene had 7 demons, yikes some thought in those days and yet she was the one that waited faithfully until the end at the grave for Jesus. Jesus appeared to her first, not His mom or the disciples but to her the most broken one of them all!!!!!!!!

I am letting my rope go, my hands are raw from the rope-burns of holding on so tight, but I can now walk away from it and not be so tired anymore. Forgiveness

Just let go

No comments: