We where once porcelain plates, broken by the world and its words, rejected and unwanted but God picked up the pieces and made a beautiful astounding mosaic...He WILL put YOU back together again

Friday 30 September 2011

Who does your heart belong to?

We are made with emotions; we experience all kinds of feelings, feelings of disappointment, hurt, rejection, fear. We have to protect our hearts from letting the wrong emotions in; it can make you sick, even influence your performance or add to your stress. So do your emotions control you? I have to say that it is pretty easy for me to keep history of conversations in my head, bbm and sms. Re-read it or play it over and over in my head, then strategising in my head what I can say and why it was said like that. Very silly, I am using so much energy on this non-existing world, making pictures of what if, that never realises? It stirs unhealthy emotions inside of me, resentment, bitterness sometimes even revenge.

They say men are very straight forward, what comes out their mouths is exactly what they mean. Some women are brutal and too honest and controlling. The question is when you build relationship with someone, even for a short while, are you throwing your heart in harm’s way? Are you lending out your heart to people to trample on and hurt you? Giving your heart to someone means opening your secrets your desire and your emotions to a person. Ladies we are inclined to trust men so quickly and share our hearts. We need to be careful who we let in. Our hearts belong to the Lord, His the only one that you can trust 100%, but we do not, we trust strangers that hurt our feelings.
I cannot separate my heart from my emotions, if people abuse my heart my emotions follow and I become a person I do not want to be, angry and bitter. It is not their fault but my own fault. I have a choice and I can protect my heart from the wrong one. Ask God to help you to be able to discern between abusers and users. Hurt happens. God did not intend us to get hurt, especially by men but we voluntary give away our heart to the wrong people to do whatever they please, break it, use it, abuse it and return it to us bruised and bleeding. Protect your heart. If you give away little bits at a time you will be left with nothing except resentment. Keep your heart whole for the husband that God intended for you or your kids that need nurturing and love.
Your heart is a treasure; treasure you do not share with just anyone, our search for love continues and burns within us until we find peace. Every person has a deep need of acceptance that causes your heart to break and as long as we carry on giving our treasure away to those that God did not intend us to, we will stay unsatisfied, angry, resentful and bitter. I know that I have given away my heart to too many wrong, unappreciated people in my life, especially men.  I had to ask the Lord to teach me to protect my heart because I could not do it myself. God was faithful. He closed my heart for the wrong men and wrong friends. Be wise with your gift.
You are not dependant on other people for your happiness, you are responsible. 

No comments: